Sunday, November 30, 2014

Expansion Essay Proposal

I am expanding my essay four, which was about female athletes having to feminize themselves in order to gain male approval which would lead to the success of their athletic careers. I selected this essay for expansion because I focused my essay only on one female athlete; UFC female champion Ronda Rousey. To expand, I will also talk about the popular female boxer Mia St John who had a similar career path as Ronda Rousey. I think that it will be interesting to see how these two extremely successful athletes from very different backgrounds ended up choosing the same option to obtain approval from the public. Ronda and Mia alike have very strong personalities, which can be expected due to their careers, however society has a very strict image of beauty that can even be intimidating to women like them.

Key Terms:

  • female athletes
  • femininity
  • gender roles in sports
  • society's idea of beauty
  • male superiority
  • gender stereotypes
  • sexism in sports

No comments:

Post a Comment